The Charles Correa Foundation (CCF) announces a vacancy for a Convener at the studio based in Fontainhas, Panaji. Applicants who are prepared to start work in Goa by mid-June will be preferred. Submit your applications before 15 June 2022.
- Professional degree in architecture, at least three years work experience.
- Demonstrate leadership in team-building.
- Management skills, familiarity with budgeting and accounts.
- Proficiency in the following software: Autocad, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Portfolio of architectural and design work.
- Essay – 500 words (max). Prompt: Of all the ideas that Correa wrote about, which one do you think CCF is best positioned to address today? Why?
- Writing sample – from an earlier academic paper.
Primary responsibility is to assist the Director and Managing Trustee in order to ensure the smooth execution of CCF activities.
- Guide and support the Research Fellows in incubating research or projects around the improvement of our natural and built habitat.
- Represent the organisation to the outside world.
- Present Charles Correa’s archives, his philosophy, and work, to student groups, and professionals visiting the Foundation.
- Write grant proposals for projects and activities in consultation with the Director.
- Lead the documentation of drawings and photographs of Charles Correa’s built and unbuilt projects, sketches and essays.
- Co-ordinate with relevant partners to publish on Charles Correa’s philosophy and work, as well as Foundation projects and research
- Organise national and international events, exhibitions, lectures, workshops and conferences which discuss the Charles Correa archives and ideas for improving the urban realm.
- Write about concerns and issues related to architecture and urbanism, represent them through the CCF blog, newsletter, etc.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the Foundation studio alongside the administrator, including keeping an account of costs incurred and basic accounting of the Trust.
Send in your application to email@example.com with the subject “Application for Convener” with the necessary attachments.